Sunday 25 November 2012

Christmas is here...

For most people this season has a very religious meaning but for me the traditions are even more or as important.

Traditions which have come together over the past 12 years while my international family and I have moved between Europe and the US.

One tradition that we have had with us in the "suitcase" is the tradition of the "Adventskrans"...an arrangement of four candles that we lighten on the respectable Advent Sundays leading up to Christmas eve...yes we celebrate the German/Danish way on the 24th December.

When we where in the UK and America we found that this was a difficult tradition...until I received a "George Jensen seasons" candle-holder as a gift one year.





Now I just need a few pine branches some moss and a few store bought items which are re-usable and then I have this beautiful arrangement.








The first one is from 2011 and the second is from this year with a few clay mushrooms that my son has made in a school project...just brilliant! 


No comments: